Saturday, June 27, 2009

THE LOOK

I didn't realize how many times you get "THE LOOK" when you are out in public alone with a baby. I spent the day with my daughter yesterday, due to having the day off and also that Sam had wisdom teeth removed. Well there are a lot of things I did not realize happen when your out in public.
1. Baby cries....now this is normally OK, except when you are trying to get something done and she starts screaming like you just pinched her leg. Now most people will just walk by and not say anything, then others will stop and say how cute it is. Now you always have the people that walk by like they are going to call 911 because they think child abuse is anything from the baby not smiling to a tear in there eye from a long yawn they just had. I didn't realize how many people don't like you when the baby cries.
2. The helper....now I know that I am not a baby expert, but do you really feel the need to come over and ask if I need you to take my daughter. Yeah, I got that yesterday. A nice grandma came right over, told me how cute Avery was, and then asked if I wanted her to take her and make her stop crying. Well grandma did not realize that we had been driving around all day, were really tired of the car seat, and were ready to go home and have a bath! So of course my answer was no thank you, but thanks for the offer. Well not even a second after I said no, SHE GAVE ME THE LOOK!
3. The noises.....not that it is a bad thing, but I caught myself singing, laughing, talking, googoogaagaaing, and anything else you can think of to keep Avery quit. I realized that everyone could hear me later in the day, but I must have been doing some funny things because Avery was laughing at me, and so was anyone else walking by. All is well with the noises because kids give you the right and permission to make yourself look completely ridiculous any time of the day, any day of the week, and again, I don't know how I found this person. While I am making baby noises to keep her quit, a lady comes up to me, tells me it is not good for her speech if I continue to make the noises and not talk to her normally, and gives me "THE LOOK" as she walks away! What, you really took 2 minuets out of your day to come and tell me that. I will now never make gaga noises to my daughter again! Just kidding, I think it is OK for a 2 month old because I still make the same noises to my 5 year old son to get him to quiet down!
So I think I am going to try and do something new, I am going to start giving THE LOOK to people. I don't know what look to give, and I think it will take practice and advice. When I see someone coming over with the eyes like they want to talk, I will just throw it out, BAM...THE LOOK.

No comments:

Post a Comment